Friday, June 22, 2012

Creatively Featured - Sunayana Sarangi

Hi all! We have another fabulous artist to share with you today - Sunayana from SK Art Studio! You can find her at her blog or Facebook page where all her photos are in one place.

Tell us about blogging and how it's worked for you.
Having a blog audience keeps me motivated and alive as an artist !

I think it was already late by the time I realized the strengths of Blog-world, I would term my entry into blogging as ‘late than never’ with a sense of optimism.

Within this online world of Blogging, I meet so many like-minded people and more importantly Artists across the globe. The ease of communication and discussion I am able to have, is the most striking factor about blogs. Websites, in most cases, are devoid of this luxury, they stay there even passive. In contrast, bloggers stay close to their blogs, active, always keeping blogs alive and happening.

This feature about the Blog forces me to stay lively with regular updates meaning 'I get down to painting ', to post something new without excuses.  I think, if I were not an active blogger, I would have not painted as much as I do now. This reminds me of a saying - if you write for the drawer - you might as well endup writing bad stuff! So definitely, having a blog audience keeps me motivated and alive as an artist.

Blogs are like Wild Fires - If one blogger comes up with a creative idea, it gets adapted by so many other bloggers and I haven’t come across any blogger saying, '' hey that’s my idea, I am going to sue you for adopting it ''. With due respect to copyrights; knowledge and creativity hold a basic nature of being adaptable and inspirable. I find so many artists on blogs sharing how-tos and DIYs. This is all worth a mention and loads of appreciation.

How did you discover your favorite art medium?
I like to work on varied mediums; to me art is all about experience through experiments. However, my search is still on for that one favorite medium..

What inspires or influences you artistically?
To me Human mind is the most abstract in nature. Human relations, responses, behaviors and emotions are the areas which interest me the most.

Which aspect of your art do you enjoy most?
Understanding the horizons of my subject/theme and composing a creative illustration is what I enjoy the most. However, to develop a composition from a vague idea and to extrapolate that on to a canvas has its own little surprises that keeps me excited.

How do you see your future work and style developing?
I see myself developing as a Socially Inclusive illustration artist. While my direction is pretty determined, I am striving to train myself with both the classical and the comtemporary painting theories and techniques inorder to be able to do justice with all my subjects.

How do you manage your time?
I am not a great planner. I love to follow my heart. I am lucky to have a husband who makes sure I keep a balance. I also did a post on this and its really interesting to know that this post got much more likes than my posts on my paintings.

Have you exhibited work or taught classes?
I haven’t exhibited my work in any gallery untill now. My first exhibiton will be held in mid July in Munich, Germany. That’s where I am living at the moment.

Do you work to a design or theme or just go with the flow…or something else entirely?
I work mostly to a theme, and I am a bit partial towards the Socially Inclusive ones.

What have you done this past year?
The past year was quite a productive year, since it was the first year out of IT and full time in to Painting. Lots of enthusiasm and lots of time resulting in quite a number of paintings. All of them can be seen on my Facebook page.

What artistic plans do you have for the coming year? 
The coming year will see a lot more variety in my compositions, possibly good improvement in my sketching skills (thanks to the drawing classes I have been forcing myself to take up) and some experimentation with other medium like Aquarell and Pastels. The next year will also see some good amount of ,Reading ‘ !

4 comments:

  1. Interesting questions - and I enjoyed reading your answers. Now it is time for me to sit down and think hard about how I would answer. The questions about the past are the easiest ( i taught art for many years) - the future, now that one is hard. Thanks for motivating me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog. :)
    http://bydanaarts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sunayana. I must have forgotten to comment, but I had already become a blog follower after seeing your beautiful images :).
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete